The Grove, a five-star hotel in Hertfordshire, has announced a partnership with cinema specialists, Everyman, to provide a pop-up cinema for its guests to enjoy this summer. Throughout the entire month of August, hotel residents and restaurant guests will be able to enjoy a variety of popular, classic films as well as new releases in the hotel’s secluded Walled Garden, complete with bean bags, delicious snacks and beverages.
Secret Garden will be the overarching theme of the pop-up cinema – with many films a nod to the lush English garden surroundings. The programming schedule will include a mixture of family-friendly films, new releases and well-known classics. Up to 45 films will be screened throughout the month, with evening screenings from Wednesday to Sunday, together with selected matinee viewings and late night screenings. A snapshot of the films on offer include:
- Matinees (exclusively for hotel residents) – Saturday-Sunday 3.30pm (family friendly films, available
- The Secret Garden, Beauty & The Beast, Matilda, Jungle Book, Peter Rabbit, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Coco, The BFG and Mary Poppins Returns for hotel residents)
- Evening Screenings – Wednesday-Sunday 8.00pm (aimed at 12+ audience with a more family-friendly accent at the weekends)
- E.T, Jumanji, Isle of Dogs, Black Panther, La La Land, Pride & Prejudice, Dirty Dancing, Back to the Future, The Greatest Showman, Mean Girls, Wonder Woman, Sleepless in Seattle, Bohemian Rhapsody, Mrs Doubtfire, Jurassic Park 1, Green Book, Captain Marvel and Forrest Gump
- Late Night Screenings – Friday-Saturday 10.45pm (expect thrills, frights and sheer pleasure in these spine-tingling screenings)
- The Beach, Fight Club, Donnie Darko, Gone Girl, AMY, The Blair Witch Project, Leon, A Star is Born, US and True Romance
Films will be aired on a large screen within The Grove’s enchanting Walled Garden, which is hidden behind the grand gates in the heart of the hotel’s 300 acres. The Walled Garden’s kitchen garden and Potting Shed provide the picturesque backdrop for the cinema, creating the perfect haven for guests to relax on a summer evening. Alongside the cinema, there will be a pop up Tanqueray Bar, a Ciroc Shack serving vodka slushies as well as a selection of popcorn, ice cream and old fashioned sweets for guests to enjoy during the screenings.
The Grove has an abundance of activities on offer throughout the summer season, catering for couples and families alike, which will ensure that guests can grab a little respite from the city, with travel time from Central London taking little over 20 minutes. The Glasshouse restaurant has also recently reopened following
extensive refurbishment, with updates to the food and drink offering.
The Grove’s pop-up cinema will run from Thursday 1st August until Saturday 31st August, 2019. Inclusive overnight hotel packages invite guests to experience the cinema at their leisure, with packages also available for guests dining at The Glasshouse or The Stables.
For more information about The Grove, please visit: www.thegrove.co.uk or call 01923 296010